Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Maintaining Friendships

Despite our change within us, I believe that our friendships become even more important in this new society. Yes, you still have to keep your eyes open because we can do things that our Beast forces us to do, such as Dr. Szardos, but we need each other. I was initially a little offended by Liz's obvious excuses to not let me have access to her ghoul for simple research, but later she expressed distrust of Hank. Even if he is developing his own agenda, I do not believe it would be to destroy us. I mean, I have side-agenda's from our coterie as well, but none of them detrimental to the others. I tried to talk to Liz, but she said trusting others, even our friends, would "bite me in the butt." My response was that it's better than living in fear and alone, essentially being paranoid...look at fellow paranoid Vampires. I hope she will learn to trust at least Hank and myself a little bit more. I don't want our inward Nature to destroy our friendships.

No comments: