Friday, July 25, 2008

A New Life

It's like being born, only you have a lot of previous experiences and knowledge. Sounds good right? Not always. I'm discovering that respect for those previous experiences and knowlege only count in this new life if it applies to the current problems. It's pretty obvious that Hank's skills in life still serve him well within the coterie, but not many in the coterie benefit from my skills. They might eventually, but let's just say those skills are not yet realised by them. So here's some things to consider.

Do I care what they think of me? Less and less.
Do I care for them? Yes.
Do I want to be a mothering sort of morality check? No.
Do I want their respect? Yes.
Do I want status among our fellow Kindred? Yes.
Is status with fellow Kindred more important than my coterie's opinion of me? Plead the 5th.

These thoughts have been flickering in my mind for some time now, but a conversation with Ethan really pointed something important out to me. I really am starting over. My professional station and respect in previous times no longer exists, and it's up to me to move forward and create a new life. New station. New status. New respect.

No comments: