Friday, February 29, 2008

From the Frying Pan to the Fire

Although I feel less guilty about being involved with a murder of our own kind, especially one that has been proven complicate with ritualistic murders of humans, I can't help but feel that I'm on a terribly slippery slope where I can't get my footing.

Reeling from the horror of the zombie episode brought on by our coterie, we immediately leaped to GT's assistance to help him with a problem he's been having with the Tigre's. He believed to have discovered the haven of a vampire that was supporting the Tigre's and their terrible sacrificial actions, so off we went to save the day.

Yes, save the day.

What I mean, of course, is to kill another kindred.

It was difficult enough to see the gang members in such a bloodthirsty war. I was glad to be on the winning side, but I was miserable watching the Tigre's drop. I desperately tried to remember how the Tigre's tried to kill GT the other day, and the murders of innocent humans, but this didn't seem the way to handle it.

I will not pretend to be innocent; I planted the smoke bomb. I followed instructions. Since I did not want any part of the shooting, I took a baseball bat to the vampire, but when it was not working, I let fear for my comrades control me and took part of the shooting.

To make matters worse, once we ran up the flag of victory, we literally looted the place! I don't mean just taking the necessary items to study the rituals they were performing, but we took everything of value that we could carry. I was against taking so much, but I had little room to argue since I snitched a beautiful Aztec bracelet for my own collection.

Many nights of guilt are coming, I know.

No comments: