Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Morality and Reality

Existence in this world definitely seems to have it's own definition of morality. Feeding, for one, requires a certain skewing of morality as we do have to treat mortals as cattle. However, with certain cares, you can still perform even this required task with certain level of respect for both the mortal and yourself. Frenzying is another problem for a Kindred. An utter loss of control as the Beast within rages - after an episode like that, I can only imagine the emotions that would follow, depending on how much the person cared about others originally.

I'm learning that there is a large chasm between morality and reality in this existence, but what upsets me is that people seem to give up any hope of resolving that chasm. It angers me that I am assumed to be innocent of pain and loss simply because I cling to morals and choose to make them fit within my new reality. While only one of our coterie has said anything about it, I sense the attempts to pander to my emotional needs, at least according to their perception of my emotional needs. Others have given me full respect; actually more respect than when I was mortal, which I appreciate. Right now I sense that Hank and Ethan's "concern" for me seems to be a justification for their hardening hearts.

Ethan's cruel outburst at me is forgiveable given the tense circumstances, but he's yet to apologise, so I assume he's drawing line's between us. Hank, however, seems to enjoy walking a fine line of trying to make everybody happy. I have no idea what Gabe thinks, which Liz and GT seem to be their same supportive selves. Me? I just would like for my friends to not lose themselves to this harsh new world. It's going to take far more strength to do the right thing than it ever was as a mortal.

No comments: