Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Cost

My need for rebellion did find a passion within myself that I never knew existed. It is something that I cannot describe, except that I feel like I come into one mentally, emotionally and physically. It's a state of complete calm and exhilaration at the same time. This could be termed priceless - worth anything. I would agree, except now I have a better picture of the world as a whole. Humans are not alone. There is a general acceptance by different religious factions and mythologists that there is an underworld and a peaceful world that has involved themselves with us, intermingling and affecting us. I speak, of course, the general acceptance of good and evil, and it's effect on us. However, I now realise there more derivatives than just good and evil, angels and demons. Laugh at me, but there are wizards, vampires, creatures of evil, creatures of good, and werewolves.

Why do I realise this? How do I know this? Part of my exciting double life meant meeting some wonderful friends. It is an amazing set of friends that on the whole would not stick together for lasting friendship. Professors, bartender, students, bouncer, officer...does this sound like a group that would congeal together easily? No and no and another no. There are too many different cutural expectations and backgrounds, but our experiences together transcends all cultural differences and has thrown us together into a storeybook novel.

The great cost that I mentioned earlier was for my friends and me to go a few steps too far into trouble with this new understanding of the world, and now we are an integral part of that world...not just as our old human selves, but for better or for worse, as creatures of the night. We have brought attention to ourselves from a mighty curse, and now are cursed ourselves.

No comments: